I always chuckle when people ask me if it is safe to visit Israel. Don’t get me wrong; I understand when you watch reports of over 1,000 rockets being leveled against the Jewish nation, it seems scary. But you have to understand that I live there—and I am not a particularly brave person. Consider also that in two weeks of bombings only 1 out over 8,000,000 Israelis have died from rocket fire. This is humiliating for Hamas, but we never asked them to rain down rockets on our civilian communities.
Life Continues for Israelis
Nevertheless, for Israelis, life goes on. And for us at Tiferet Yeshua Congregation in Tel Aviv, that means meeting on Friday afternoons for our weekly worship service. I am still in the US and return home in a few days, but I received a wonderful report from our associate pastor Moti Cohen. I will translate it from Hebrew.
The meeting was so special today. Two Israelis prayed to receive Yeshua at the congregation during the alarm (for incoming rockets). Most of the congregation stayed to pray and didn’t go to the bomb shelter. Afterward they announced on the news that there were two interceptions (of Rockets from the Iron Dome) over Gush Dan (Greater Tel Aviv). Satan sent two rockets and at the same time God took down two rockets!
I can’t wait to get home and meet the two new additions to the kingdom of God. In Israel there are over 150 Messianic congregations and home meetings. We estimate that there are around 15,000 to 18,000 believers in the country. Many of them, like us, have children serving in the IDF. You can be sure that some of those in Gaza right now are those who know Yeshua.
How You Can Pray
- Pray for the safety of these believers in the IDF as well as all other soldiers.
- Pray against infiltration of Hamas members or any other terrorists inside of Israel.
- Pray against trauma in the lives of Israelis running for cover at all hours of the day and night, and innocent Palestinians caught in the middle.
- Pray that in the midst of this conflict we will see more and more salvations!
- Pray for continued supernatural protections against rocket fire.
- Pray for God’s grace on the IDF to avoid civilian casualties in Gaza.
Pic: IDF Israelis in office building run to the basement before bomb can land. They have 15 seconds!