President Trump has been the most pro-Israel president ever. And, his bold moves actually led to peace with many Arab nations—just the opposite of what the talking heads predicted. But now the Palestinians are preparing a list of demands for President-elect Joe Biden, most of them calling for the reversal or cancellation of “anti-Palestinian” decisions made by Donald Trump’s administration.
The Jerusalem Post reported that the Palestinian Authority has prepared a list to present to Biden after he is sworn in on Jan. 20. Officials have already been in touch with Biden’s transition team and are encouraged by a positive response especially after four years of U.S. policy that was seen as heavily favoring Israel.
The list includes demands to:
- Reopen the PLO diplomatic mission in Washington
- Rescind Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital
- Move the U.S. embassy back to Tel Aviv
- Resume financial aid to the PA and the United Nations Relief and Work Agency (Trump suspended aid because they were paying the families of suicide bombers and terrorists over $300,000,000 a year!
- Reopen the U.S. consulate in east Jerusalem
- Cancel the decision to allow U.S. citizens born in Jerusalem to list Israel as their country of birth
- Reverse the decision to allow Israeli settlement products to be labeled as “Made in Israel”
“We know that the Biden administration would not be able to accept all our demands, such as the removal of the embassy from Jerusalem, but we are very optimistic regarding the other demands,” an official told The Jerusalem Post. “If [Biden] renounces the ‘Deal of the Century’ and resumes financial aid to the Palestinians, this will be a good step in the right direction. It will be a big victory for the Palestinian people.”
PA Foreign Minister Riad Malki said Trump’s decisions have caused great suffering for the Palestinians.
They need not worry too much longer: Biden’s transition team appointed Reema Dodin as Deputy Chief of Staff for the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.
Dodin, who is of Palestinian descent, is affiliated with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), was a member of the Muslim Student Association and organized anti-Israel rallies at the University of California at Berkeley as a student.
Dodin is “acting as an agent of influence for the [Muslim] Brotherhood’s operations inside America,” terrorism expert Steve Emerson said. She has made statements justifying suicide bombings against Israel.