Archives For Isaiah 2
I am really grateful for social media. When President Obama uttered these ridiculous and historically inaccurate words, I was able to quickly go to Facebook and challenge them. By morning the video had been seen over 2,600 times and shared over 100 times. Still, that is nowhere near the reach that the President has, but we do what we can.
I have studied the Israeli Palestinian conflict intensely since 1989 and the fact is that there is no such thing as Palestinian lands. Secondly, the only reason Israel controls the West Bank is because of the aggressive and belligerent actions of the surrounding nations. Had Jordan not attacked Israel during the Six-Day-War, we would never have taken the Old City of Jerusalem or the West Bank. And now that we have it as a buffer zone against our enemies why in the world would we give it back?
Watch the video.
I have heard several times, even from the US president, that we can’t be too hard on Radical Islam because Christians are guilty of the same thing. Indeed, there is a bloody history of so-called Christians carrying out the most heinous acts against, not only Jews, but Muslims as well.
Crusades Were Brutal
One can argue whether or not the Crusades were justified, as Islamic forces were moving west. But no one can argue about the fact that the Crusaders were vicious in every way, committing rape and murder on their way to the Holy Land—wiping out entire Jewish communities—and then once there, committing every kind of atrocity one can imagine, all in the symbol of the cross.
Now, you may have noticed that I referred to the Crusaders as so-called Christians. But I don’t refer to ISIS fighters or Al Qaeda as so-called Muslims. And that is the main point here—this is where President Obama and others bypass the main difference.
You see, in nearly every religion—even Judaism—there is always a radical element that develops. The question is what did the religion teach in its original context. If anyone chooses to kill in the name of Jesus, using the symbol of the cross, he is doing exactly what Jesus taught us NOT to do. When an ISIS fighter rapes and kills in the name of Islam, he is doing exactly as Mohamed did. I know that is not politically correct, but it is true.
Jesus vs. Mohamed
Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice, Mohamed took other’s lives to expand his power. Yeshua said if you look at a woman and lust, you are guilty of adultery, whereas Mohamed had sex slaves, married a six year old and consummated that marriage when she was nine. Yeshua told us to love our enemies and even serve them (Matt. 6) Beyond what they demand. Mohamed enslaved, raped and murdered his enemies.
No one could ever come away from reading the New Testament thinking that Jesus was teaching us to take over the world by force in his name. In fact, this is exactly what he didn’t do against the Romans, when many of his followers, even his disciples expected him to. However, no one could come away from reading the Koran and not think that a forceful worldwide takeover is the goal. Islam means surrender.
Radical Islamists are Practicing Mohamed’s Islam
So, to be clear, the big difference between the Crusaders and radical Islamists is this: The Crusaders claimed Jesus, but did not do as he taught. Based on the fruit of their lives, they were not genuine born again believers. However, ISIS and Al Qaeda are doing exactly what is taught in the Koran and was practiced by Mohamed and by all accounts are good Muslims—meaning they are evil imperialists. It is the moderates, one could argue, that are backslidden.
Well, the Olympics are over, but the sad truth is that many countries in the world hate Israel and Jews so much, that it could not help but spill over into the Olympics. We document the story of Or Sasson, the Israeli Bronze medal winner in Judo, and his first round opponent, Egyptian Islam el Shahabi. After the match Sasson reached out his hand in respect, as is traditional in Judo, and Mr. Islam acted as if he would catch AIDS if he made contact.
Yesterday, knowing that no matter what I wrote, some would misinterpret my blog as an endorsement of Hillary Clinton, I expressed concern over the enthusiastic excitement over a non-repentant serial adulterer. I wondered how we could have been so condemning of Bill Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair and wink at Donald Trump’s escapades with married women. Only a few actually answered the question, and that is because this issue is deeply emotional. Some lashed out at me, other’s praised the blog. I bless everyone who commented and take no comments personally!
Some defended Trump as having a changed heart. Some said he was the lesser of two evils. More than one said, when you have two evils, you choose none. And others asked why I don’t write a blog about Hillary Clinton. One reason is that very few HRC fans read my blog. But, here we go…
So there is no confusion, here is my blog about Hillary Clinton. To be clear, I have spoken often about her crimes and lack of qualifications to be president.
Newt Gingrich was correct in saying yesterday, “[Hillary] lies about lying and now she lies about having lied about lying.”
- She lied to the American people when she said that there was no classified documents on her server or that she never sent or received them.
- She lied to us when she said she used one device, as the FBI said she used multiple devices.
- She lied when she told us that she did it out of convenience, not wanting to carry two devices (most people realize that you can have 100 email addresses and still just one device) when it is clear that she did it to have secret communications.
- She said work-related emails were returned to the State Department, but apparently admitted to the FBI that that was not true.
- She lied to the families of the four victims in Benghazi, saying that it was a protest connected to a video, when she knew it was a terrorist attack.
Her Treatment of Women
Secretary Clinton claims to fight for women, when in fact she attacks the reputation of the women with whom her husband has had affairs—such as Juanita Broderick who accused Bill of raping her or Paula Jones, before whom he exposed himself. Mrs. Clinton, who said every victim of sexual abuse needs to be “heard and believed,” called Monica Lewinsky, “narcissistic loony toon”. When his longtime affair with Gennifer Flowers came out, she attacked Ms. Flowers and called her ‘trailer trash’.
After the Gennifer Flowers story came out during her husband’s ’92 presidential run, her response, according to Carl Bernstein, was to throw herself into efforts to discredit Flowers and to try to persuade horrified campaign aides to bring out rumors that Poppy Bush had not always been faithful to Barbara. (source)
Yes, she looked to spread rumors about a man who genuinely loves his wife.
Mrs. Clinton took an active role in seeking sworn statements from those who had accused Bill of sexual harassment or of having an affair with him, before his 1992 race for the presidency.
During Clinton’s campaigns, Hillary Clinton ran her own “war room” against the so-called “Bimbo Eruptions” … The name given to the endless list of women who were harassed, assaulted, and even raped by Bill Clinton. Hillary’s job was to discredit, smear, and ruin the lives of these women who happened to speak out about her husband’s shameful treatment of women. (source)
And now we hear that in one of her first cases as a lawyer, she got a rapist off and accused the 12-year-old victim of making up stories.
Her Time as Secretary of State
And then there is her competence. When she became the most powerful diplomat in the world, as secretary of state, she had an opportunity to prove herself worthy of the presidency. The world looked very different just eight years ago. Since then hundreds of thousands of people have been murdered in Syria, Iraq, Ukraine, Yemen, Libya and other counties.
Since she took office:
- There has been a civil war in Syria whereby 300,000 people have been killed and more than ten million have become homeless refugees.
- ISIS was formed when the US troops left Iraq in 2011 during her tenure.
- She naively brought her counterpart in Russia actual button that said in Russian and English ‘reset’. Since then, Russia has attacked Ukraine and taken
Crimea and is now seeking an alliance with Turkey. Russia went into Syria to support their client and our enemy, the Butcher Bashar Assad. Just today Russia announced that it will have fighter jets in Iran. This new alliance Russia/Iran/Syria/Turkey/Yemen is all but Gog and Magog (Ezekiel 38-39)
- In Benghazi, we helped Libya defeat their own dictator at Hillary’s insistence and now ISIS is all over Libya. We failed to protect our ambassador and three others who were murdered, and then Hillary and her team lied about it for more than a week, blaming it on a video. She has all but called Patrica Smith, whose son died in the attack, a liar. Obama calls Libya his biggest failure and it was the brainchild of Mrs. Clinton.
- All the while she continued to attack Prime Minister Netanyahu, ‘a friend’, once dressing him down in 2010 after a Biden visit to Jerusalem and described herself as the ‘designated yeller’ at the Prime Minister.
- She was the cheerleader for anti-Mubarak forces in Egypt, and stood by and watched as the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic terrorist organization won the election. When General El Sisi saw that the MB was Islamo-fying the nation, he stepped in. Her boss, Barack Obama—to this day—resists El Sisi.
- And of course we cannot forget that Hillary got the ball rolling with Iran.
Okay…pretty clear, right? Hillary will be a horrible president! Ron is no fan!
Creating Trump in a New Image
Having said that, I have no problem with people voting for Trump as the alternative. But don’t be deceived. Trump is no angel. He has been ruthless over the years. As I said yesterday, he has brags about his sin. He has little self-control. He gets easily offended and jumps on Twitter in the middle of the night, giving ammunition to his enemies. His mouth routinely gets him in trouble and though aides and reportedly family members have begged him to tone it down, he loves the roar of the crowd and just can’t help himself. Whether he is asking the Russians to find Hillary’s emails or suggesting that the wife of the fallen solider was quiet because she is a Muslim or that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you will still support him, he feeds his opponents with fresh content.
Indeed, I agree with his policies far more than with Hillary’s. And if he can stay on message, like he did yesterday in his speech on foreign affairs, he may recover in the polls. But it seems to me that many have recreated Donald Trump into the image of who they desire him to be—not who he really is.
- They don’t see him as a adulterer, but a family man.
- They don’t seem him as a ruthless bully, willing to crush anyone who gets in his way; he is a shrewd businessman.
- They are not bothered that he recently said that he doesn’t ask God for forgiveness or that his favorite verse is ‘an eye for an eye’ (A verse that Yeshua seemingly updated to ‘turn the other cheek’ [see Matt 5:38-42]), they see him a brand new believer—based on no evidence whatsoever, other than the word of a disgraced televangelist/prosperity preacher.
At the end of the day, I certainly prefer Trump over Hillary, but I would never leave him (or Bill Clinton for that matter) alone in a room with any of my daughters.